How Does It Work?
We know and understand how overwhelming this season of life can be. Many circumstances bring clients to our door. We are here to lift the overwhelming burden unwanted possessions bring--physically, emotionally and mentally. With Relic Road, all you need to do is remove desired items from the house. All other items can remain right where they are and we take it from there.
Our primary goals are to maximize the profits of all items, leave the home empty of all contents and have it ready for the next steps of selling it.
Our team has over 20 years in estate sales experience. We have a very good understanding of item values and what the community expects in both selection and price.
Please don’t throw anything away, take anything to donations or have a garage sale. We use these alternatives after everything has had a chance to sell. If an item is usable (not chipped or broken), then it has potential to sell.
- Let us determine if an item has value. We have countless stories of items tossed that would have brought good money at the sale.
- Please do not have a garage sale before the estate Sale.
- The more items we have in the sale, the better the attendance will be.
- There needs to be something for everyone!
Before the sale
We provide a free one-hour consultation to get to know each other, walk through the home, discuss the process we use and answer any questions.
We spend the first few days sorting, throwing out trash and bringing everything out of cupboards, drawers and cabinets. Furniture may get placed differently to provide better walking flow for customers and merchandising. Items are researched, cleaned, organized photographed, placed and priced. We market sales immediately and update throughout prep days to create and sustain excitement about the sale.
If we are a good fit for your needs, then we will set a time frame, review the contract, collect a house key and gather important information we may need for the sale of specific items.
We begin by meeting with you and walking through the home determining what is for sale and getting history on some of the items.
- We do not begin work in the home until the family has removed all the items that are to be kept to ensure no mistake sales are made. We ask that family members remove anything that they are keeping or that is not for sale. Sometimes this is is hard to do before we start organizing the sale. We can suggest some alternatives for you.
- The amount of time we need access to the home can range from 10-14 days depending on the size of the home and quantity and quality of the items for sale. We need to access the home 5-10 days before the sale to start organizing. We bring our own supplies, tables, table draping, cash register and pricing equipment.
- We move furniture and items around for a better flow for customers and display.
- We start tagging and pricing one to two days before the sale.
- We try to do all item research on site but sometimes, we need to consult with an appraiser.
- All jewelry will be removed to be taken and sorted and tagged at home, fine jewelry will be taken to a jeweler for appraisal. It will be brought back into the home the morning of the sale, fine jewelry will be secured in closed cases.
- In some cases to make a sale a complete success, we will bring in a few items to sell at your sale for another client. We make sure these items enhance your sale. We do not operate or own an antique store, resale store, etc. because this causes a conflict of interest. Any items we may bring in will be from actual clients who simply have a few items to sell and not enough for an estate sale.
- We have several workers on our staff who work with us all the time. They are friendly, well-trained and professional at all times.
Advertising and Marketing
- We advertise on Estatesales.net, Craigslist, Instagram and Facebook the week before the sale.
- Relic Road also has an email list with hundreds of buyers’ addresses who frequent our sales. Email reminders are sent weekly announcing our featured sales.
- We also target cities as far as Houston and San Antonio.
- We place signs in the yard of the home and on corners in accordance with the city code and restrictions.
- Most sales last one to two days and sometimes three days, if the situation warrants that. We will determine this at the time of our walk through.
- After the sale, we can clear and clean the house for a minimal fee. This usually runs between $300-$500 depending on how much is left and the size of the home to be cleaned. We use the same clean-up crew for all our sales and they will let us know after the sale how much it will be.
Cost to You
- Our fee is 40% of the sale’s intake.
- We pay for all the workers, advertising, supplies and setup.
- We deposit the proceeds the following business day, finalize the sales and mail your profits within seven days. We can also discuss other options if this does not work for you.
We go out of our way to make your sale safe, professional, successful and fun for everyone who attends! Thank you for trusting us with your important, family treasures.